Monday, June 08, 2009

Yay! I love thrifting! While at the East End Thrift Store's giant jumble sale on Saturday (yes, I admit it, I was among the first 15 customers, having got to the store half an hour before it opened so as to avoid a repeat of Angels whereupon I arrived a little after opening to find a queue five hours long), I got myself two bags (Tod's and Kate Spade!!!!) and a Gianni Versace dress, as well as other assorted goodies (a scarf, a tie, a slip, a skirt, a couple more dresses) all for just £10! Yes! It was one of those "all-you-can-stuff-into-one-bag" offers. You could opt for a £10 bag, or for a bag three times larger for £20. Best of all, you could wander around the store and come back and swap the size you'd chosen initially without any hassle.

And today, I made my way to the Issa and Made in Heaven jeans sample sale and bought myself a white t-shirt and a swimsuit for a grand total of £11.

After all of these bargains and discounts, I'm finding it a little hard to return to shopping at full price.

No comments: