Sunday, August 30, 2009

SW4 was incredible. I had doubts over whether I should go as I was going by myself, but Sander Kleinenberg's entertaining "This is Your Night" set which was, I'll admit, very much for the masses, and Sasha and Digweed's absolute blinder of a set more than affirmed my decision to go.

Sasha and Digweed's back to back set - the first one I've attended in recent memory - was amazing, and should go down as one of the best sets ever in the history of electronic music. They were ripping up the dance floor from start to finish. And I can't explain it, but I almost cried because their set was just so beautiful. 

What's the most amazing thing? I didn't have a single alcoholic drink. That's how much of a corker their set was.

Separately, they're geniuses. Together, they're the stuff legends are made of. Respect.

A fellow clubber - clearly on something or other - said to me, right before their set, "This day must rank as one of your best London experiences ever." I said, "Well, actually, that would be the U2 concert..." He then repied, "No, that was about watching someone. This day isn't about watching anyone. It's about you, being here, and being an amazing dancer."

I laughed and just said, "you haven't even seen me dance yet!" but I later realised he had. I'd been dancing next to him for Sander K's set and had somehow managed to return to the exact same spot after going off to grab something to eat.

It's really strange what clubbers say half the time, but what he said was still nice to hear! 

And I'm definitely going to have to agree with him; it does rank as one of my best experiences ever now!

No comments: