Sunday, October 18, 2009

Brief musical interlude:

Currently listening to Girl Talk (real name: Gregg Gillis), to whom I was introduced via CG during that oh-so-memorable-yet-still-probably-incredibly-meaningless-in-the-grand-scheme-of-things-night.  I've always loved mash-ups (probably because the one most important thing to me in terms of life and work is variety), and, given this, Girl Talk's a real find. If you haven't heard his stuff before, try his live mix at Yale's Spring Fling earlier this year, courtesy of freeculturemusic.

Other tunes which currently rock my playlist include Vampire Weekend - Horchata (who knew a beverage could inspire such a quirky song?), Jay-Z featuring Alicia Keys - Empire State of Mind (an ode to New York which I didn't expect to grow on me but has after a couple of listens) and Chairlift - Bruises (a really poppy tune in which lead singer Caroline Polachek sounds amazingly like Feist).

No comments: