Saturday, February 13, 2010

I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day. I love all kinds of celebrations, so I think I would have been ordinarily, but perhaps it's because this song has been going through my head since last week's Glee marathon, or perhaps it's because it's been a really long time since I spent it with someone I loved that that's why I don't like it.

I suppose that isn't strictly true given I spent the last one with one of my best friends (and I love my best friends dearly), lamenting the state of our respective relationships - her boyfriend had forgotten to send her flowers, she thought, while MD and I were about to break up. In any case, I'm glad this year's coincides with Chinese New Year as, in spite of being in the UK, I've been tied up with planning celebrations with friends, and a littler one for my team at work as I'm the first Singaporean in the company.

Despite the distractions though, Friday's xkcd strip hurt.

So, in three days time, I will have been officially single for a year. I will also be going to a concert that evening, and haven't yet decided if I will ask someone if I can join him and his friends as they are also going to same show, the same someone with whom I finally admitted to another of my best friends last week I am in love. Not an ideal situation, really. I'm not going to go into details, because it is someone I have blogged about numerous times before, and if you have read those, you'll know why. I am doing my best to get out of this situation, but just cannot seem to meet anyone else of interest.

Life is so very strange. And, perhaps, that's why even though I am no longer that little, and still incredibly random, I am still a 'miss' and not a 'mrs'. In my defence though, I tried out 'Little Ms. Random', but it looked and sounded strange!

No comments: