Thursday, March 25, 2010

Try as I might to take photos of dishes before they are consumed, there’s a group of friends who simply refuse to wait for me to finish taking photos because they’re just impatient. I think Westerners would probably think of us as incredibly rude (seeing as there’s a friend who just swoops in even before the dish hits the table sometimes) but we’re all so familiar with one another that I just don’t even think about it. In fact, it always makes me laugh when my friend ninja-attacks the food, simply because she’s so quick!

So why did I start off with that? Simple. We went to Tierra Brindisa (part of the Casa Brindisa family, and from Borough Market) yesterday evening for that friend’s belated birthday celebration, and the food was incredible… even better than the tapas I had in Seville at the end of February (including Cerveceria Giralda). The grilled Leon chorizo was tasty beyond belief, and the prawns cooked with garlic and chilli – whoa! I was even sipping the oil after the prawns were finished. The octopus served Galician style (something I’ve loved ever since going to Santiago de Compostela last year) was great too.

We also overdosed a little on the wine. Two bottles for five of us, though for four of us, it was our second (and for me, my third) stop of the night, so I was already a little over my limit for a weekday.

All in all, we had eleven tapas dishes (including two of the chorizo) and two bottles of wine for £29 per head (including service).

But, yes. No pictures. You’ll just have to go there and try it for yourself!

No comments: