Sunday, March 14, 2010

I have developed a slight crush on Harry Shum Jr. aka Mike Chang on Glee. Up till episode 6 - Vitamin D, I hadn't even realised there was an Asian on the show, much less a Chinese one, but, man, did he stand out when he busted out some moves during the boys' mash-up (starting from 1:17 and, man, do I love the spazzed out expression on his face at 1:22). It turns out that Harry is quite the talented dancer, being one of the main choreographers of the Legion of Extraordinary Dancers, a dance group put together by Director John M. Chu (of Step Up 2 and Step Up 3D fame) with the aim of combining story-telling and fantastic dancing. The LXD have already performed on So You Think You Can Dance and, more recently, at the Oscars.

And, to make things even more interesting, Harry is half-Hokkien, a dialect group which happens to make up part of my own heritage.

Not that that really means anything, given that not only is he younger, but he is miles and miles away. But I do love me a good dancer... and even more so when he's from my own jia xiang!

No comments: