Sunday, May 02, 2010

I don't really want to write too much about the date with JC (as he will henceforth be known), partly because I don't want to jinx things, partly because I think I'm long overdue some light-hearted fun, but mostly because no one else (other than my good friends with whom I'll happily gossip anytime) really needs to know anyway!

I will just say this one thing though... I wasn't too sure I'd recognise him for our first date. He startled the heck out of me by popping up behind me right after I texted him that I was already there 15 minutes before we were meant to meet up. The exact thought process in my head went:

"?"

"!"

"Hmmm, cute!"

Yes, I sometimes think in punctuation marks. Nothing else in the English language seems capable of conveying the exact sense of surprise and shock that marked his arrival.

We're meant to be meeting up again next week. I am looking forward to it, and, for the moment, it is fun to be jousting with someone who seems to be quite the ladies' lad!

No comments: