Monday, September 13, 2010

I've been de-risking my investment portfolio over the past couple of days or so; I sold off three stocks, thankfully at the top of recent peaks, and am now trying to figure out what to do with the modest amount of gains. It's a little strange that I've managed to profit out of those stock picks, seeing as all three of them weren't tips I picked up from friends and the like. One of them, I couldn't even explain what drove its share price! Still, I'm glad I didn't lose on those, and, hey, it's good fun, this investing malarkey.

But, in the meantime, what do I do with the proceeds? I can't have them lying around, not earning any interest! I guess I've come a long way from the girl who was content to leave the cash in her savings account, growing at a slower rate than the rate of inflation.

No comments: