Thursday, October 07, 2010

I am so looking forward to what I'm hoping will be the holiday of a lifetime. I've booked my ticket, and am in the midst of planning how best to spend two weeks in a massive, massive country. I would normally have my itinerary all sorted out by now, but a) I've been freaking busy with work, b) I've been a little scared as it's the first time I'm travelling solo in a long long time, and c) it's massive.

But, I'm getting my act and life in order. On Saturday, I booked my ticket to Buenos Aires. On Sunday, I put myself back up on an Internet dating site, and I finally deleted someone's number from my phone so as to deter any drunken dialling.

This evening, I spent two hours or so chatting to the owner of the nearby Argentinean restaurant about where to go, and checked my profile to find that I've had several people indicate they like the look of me. Now the hard part... how to write those blasted first messages?!?

All the stuff I've done in the past week... well, it's nothing, really, but, at the same time, it's everything, really. It's living. It's finding the courage to just jump and put yourself out there, even if, to everyone else, it's just the smallest step in the world. But it's always the first step that's the hardest, isn't it?

No comments: