Monday, October 11, 2010

Saw Scott Pilgrim vs. the World yesterday and thought it was hilarious. It totally appealed to someone of my sensibilities. I grew up on computer games (though I'm not a gamer) and comic books, and I love cheese. It wasn't easy distilling a storyline spanning several volumes into a two hour movie, and, yes, the characterisation suffered, most notably that of Scott's dream girl, Ramona Flowers, but, still, it was a fantastic movie. Wittily done, very clever, and lots of indie self-deprecating humour that all but those over 40 will enjoy.

Most definitely recommended if you're a fan of Michael Cera (Arrested Development, Juno) or Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Spaced, Hot Fuzz) and I most assuredly am both, although I do think the former's getting very typecast.

No comments: