Sunday, March 06, 2011

Don't Stop Believing

Wonder of wonders, so I'm not a psychopath after all. Quite the contrary. I did well in the assessment tests (my verbal, numerical and IQ scores were off the charts... but, hey, I could have told you that without the need for a test) and, more importantly, my personality is such that it fits in so well with the company's culture that they really really really want me to work for them. And that, my friends, is why I have been so busy that I haven't been able to post lately. I've been feeling a little guilty that my current boss seems to be trying to keep me engaged (although not in the right way, I'll admit) and also more than a little scared because, they're considering me for a senior role, and not the more junior role I applied for.

That's right. They're considering me for a senior role, despite the fact that I do not have the requisite industry knowledge (though I do have experience in a sector where the skills required are similar) nor a track record in what that role is required to do. But I'm such a bright, intelligent, fascinating young lady who's able to charm the pants off people (according to the psychologist) hat they want me.

And it's a great feeling to know someone has that much faith in my abilities, even if I don't. I can't say they don't have any basis for their beliefs as I did sit through over four hours of psychometric testing after all, but I may not be able to realise that potential. Still, if someone with their amount of life experience is so confident that I can do this, I might as well believe in myself too.

No comments: