Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fangirl: Guillemots

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Fyfe Dangerfield and the rest of the Guillemots.

I don't wanna play any games
Someone always loses and they usually share my name

Thanks for being such an amazing band, for being so spontaneous and funny, and for being so damn sincere.

Just take me out of here 
Let me be your souvenir

Most of all, thank you for managing to create such songs which capture the sheer intensity of happiness and sadness, and sometimes, both at once.

 Just take my hand and laugh like you are crazy
Oh take my hand and tell me life is fair

Sometimes life can be a little overwhelming and it's easy to shut down so as to shut everything out. So, one final thank you for reminding me of what that can feel like.

Oh take my hand and tell me I'm amazing,darling 
'Cos I don't feel amazing now

No comments: