Sunday, June 19, 2011

Leaving DC

I leave for London in a few hours and I'm sad that the Americas chapter of my great summer of travelling is coming to an end.

I have had a fantastic time here in Washington, D.C., despite the fact that the person I came to see was called away on business.

I love that this place is so walkable, although I have incredibly sore feet right now, and that beautiful sights ambush me as I turn round each street corner. The buildings are truly amazing.

I love that this place has so much good food here, all at really affordable prices. I must have out back all the weight I lost in Buenos Aires, having eaten a fair amount of junk food... But it all tasted so good!

I do not love that it's incredibly hot and humid here. I am a little sunburnt, definitely dehydrated and have bad tanlines of my feet.

In many ways, it's just like Singapore right now!

But, all good things must come to an end. So, D.C., I bid you au revoir. I know I'll be back someday. After all, I have a drink from The Passenger I'm meant to collect!


No comments: