Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Year of the Water Dragon!

Gong xi fa cai, everyone!

It has been a bit of a cleansing last few days. The last post, combined with talks with friends, cleaning my flat like it's never been cleaned before and reading an incredibly positive horoscope for 2012, has made me feel incredibly light.

Well, at least before tonight's reunion dinner where I ate so much that I am now unable to go to bed because of the pain in my stomach.

Anyway, back to the subject. I'm very proud of myself. My flat is cleaner than it's ever been. Over the last few days, I have washed the walls, mopped the floors, vacuumed, done loads of laundry and given away quite a bit to charity. There is still a little more that needs to be done before this flat can be considered truly organised, namely, installing some shelves, but, it's come a long way in the last few months and I don't think of it as the small, cramped flat I bought just over a year ago, despite there being an additional presence in it more often than not.

On the job front, I am trying to allow myself to explore possibilities by talking to people from other fields. Some role have offered to put me in touch with people I would not have thought would have been able to help, but, even if I take just a smidgen of information away with me after every conversation, it will still have helped.

On the horoscope front, it says that my sign will have 12 favourable months out of 12, and that early 2012 will be a good time to demand a good position with good pay, or even change jobs. Definitely sounds good. I don't believe in horoscopes but it's always nice to hear good things, yes?

Anyway, it's about time for me to head to bed. I'm still suffering from overindulgence but someone has agreed to create a latte art dragon for me tomorrow and I would hate to oversleep and miss out!

No comments: