Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Burnout II

I've been attending a whole bunch of Social Media Week events in the hopes of finding out more about this particular field. I've learnt that social media is much more wide and encompassing than what I'd originally thought.

But that isn't the reason I'm writing this post.

My reason for writing this is that the most valuable thing I've gleaned from Social Media Week so far is from a conversation I had with someone I met at TweetCamp last year.

He'd experienced several episodes of burnout so far in his life. He said, on average, it takes between three and six months to fully recover from. And, you know what? I've only been in it for three and a half months. No wonder I'm still feeling so worn out.

I certainly never expected to still be feeling this way, not sure when the light at the end of the tunnel is going to appear. I guess all I really can do is give myself time.

No comments: