Saturday, February 01, 2003

I was watching MTV this afternoon when a whole host of British artistes came on - Radiohead, Ash, Pulp, Super Furry Animals - and it reminded me of how much better British bands are than the American ones. There are a lot more British bands I like and can tolerate than there are American ones. For instance, I love Radiohead, Coldplay and New Order and like Ash, Stereophonics and Blur. It just always seems as though the Americans are the ones who rule the world. I mean, everyone's always trying to break into the American market. No one ever seems to try making it big in Europe.

Apropos of nothing, while watching the music video for Radiohead's Fake Plastic Trees, I just thought that Thom Yorke's signficant other must either be extremely cheerful and bubbly in order to survive his music - or downright depressed by now.

No comments: