Saturday, June 26, 2004

I can't believe I haven't mentioned any of the non-work and non-self-reflection activities that I've indulged in over the past week.

June 19 - Saturday - James Zabiela - Zouk
"What you are about to experience... is a brand new vibe."
He is absolutely amazing. Not only is his choice of progressive house tracks consistently good, but he sure as hell can scratch. Yes - SCRATCH to house tracks. Who would have thought? And he's my age too! Just for that, I stayed on the dance floor dancing for three-and-a-half hours. James, you deserve all the accolades you've received so far and I know you've got more coming your way.
I almost forgot the visuals! Scenes from Lost In Translation, Bladerunner, Transformer cartoons... apparently all selected by James himself. All around - great stuff from tunes to visuals to atmosphere.

June 24 - Thursday - Animation Nation - Harvie Krumpet and Belleville Rendez-Vous
The short film, Harvie Krumpet, was melancholy and amusing at the same time. I love claymation which is done well and this was done with a peculiar sense of humour. Unless you see it, I can't really describe what I liked about it... but among other things, touching other people's noses, getting struck by lightning, nudity... heh.
Belleville Rendez-Vous was a classic French film - strange. Not as funny and sweet as I'd imagined, but the music was good. And I love the grandmother. Who wouldn't?

June 25 - Friday - Work
My office building and the one next to it received bomb threats. So did my company's other office in the city. Hundreds of people milling around outside after evacuation. Yet nothing in the news. I wonder why?

No comments: