Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The last two days have been full of little surprises. And good ones at that.

Yesterday afternoon, I somehow managed to catch the shooting of one of the scenes for Krrish, the Indian movie that's currently being filmed in Singapore, at the Suntec fountain. Hrithik Roshan (or his stunt double, I'm not sure which), dressed in the black trenchcoat that is his outfit for most, if not all, of the movie, was suspended above the middle of the fountain, turning this way and that so that his trenchcoat would flap dramatically as the cameramen captured him from different angles. Then, all of a sudden, the powerful jet of water in the middle shot up, and Hrithik, rose just as quickly as the wires that were attached to him were raised. The timing was just right and it did look rather impressive.

This afternoon, I stumbled across the exhibition of Yann Arthus-Bertrand's La Terre Vue du Ciel (French for Earth From Above) photos located along Orchard Road. The exhibition hadn't been launched officially, going by the looks of things, but all the photos were available for display, and man, were they breathtaking. The first time I came across his work was when my parents purchased two of Yann's prints from the Earth From Above series, and since then, I've been a fan of his work. While all of the photos were incredible, the ones he took of Venice and Morocco caught my interest, the former because I love the patterns made by buildings when you look down on them from a height, the latter simply because I love the colours.

And sometime last night, I discovered the joy that is Mylo - In My Arms. Sampling vocals from Boy Meets Girl - Waiting For A Star To Fall and the bassline from Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes, who would have thought something so '80s could sound so refreshingly original and so irresistably happy? As one review put it, it's the aural equivalent of the sun bursting out from a sky filled with dark clouds. Well done, Mylo!

I haven't been genuinely happy in a while. But because of these little discoveries, I am happy for the moment. And for now, that's enough.

No comments: