Monday, October 24, 2005

This was meant to be posted some time ago.

To those of you who came down or contacted me in some way just to see how I was, thank you. Thanks for letting me know that admitting I'm not fine and needing a listening ear and/or a shoulder to cry on aren't signs of weakness... and to the person who told me that being almost 25 doesn't have to mean that I should be able to handle everything that comes my way, thanks a lot. It means a lot knowing that there're people I can turn to.

To the one who said that I should never have gone out with
a) a person I met in a club
b) someone who wasn't Catholic
It's a good thing I've known you long enough to be able to tell that you meant well. Otherwise, long-distance call or not, I'd have (verbally) smacked you.

What would you say if I told you the only Catholic I've met that I fancied was someone I met while clubbing and who, in his own words, said "thank goodness for church. If it weren't for church, I'd still be a virgin"? And he had been an altar-boy, no less.

And if you even dare to venture that clubbing and being a good Catholic are mutually exclusive... don't even go there, buddy.

We're not all gems. And I stand by the 'mistakes' I've made and, no doubt, will continue to make. It'll be dishonest of me to say that I have no regrets, but if I had to do it all over again, I would.

No comments: