Tuesday, April 24, 2007

At this point, my life looks full of promise. As in, fuller of promise than it usually does.

I'm aware that I'll have to do something tomorrow which, while I knew there was a possibility that I would have to do it some time in my career, I didn't think it would come this soon, and it's not something I'm especially equipped for, given my overall nice and non-confrontational personality.

I'm particularly afraid because there's a chance that I could mess everything up and end up in a worse position than I am in now, and that's a chance I will have to take.

But I've spoken to a colleague and he's volunteered to help me out, and while I'm still not wholly comfortable with what I have to do, I trust him and am rather optimistic that I'll have managed to get myself closer to being where I want to be.

Why am I writing this post? Because I'm still trying to psych myself into doing what needs to be done, and also, at a later stage, remind myself of the good that came from trusting in other people... or possibly the foolishness that came from being so naive.

No comments: