Friday, April 27, 2007

One of the scariest things in the world – for me at least – is to put any part of myself in someone else’s hands, whether it’s my future, my career or my heart. How in the world have I survived to this long if I have this kind of mentality? Simple. But being self-reliant, by depending solely on myself and no one else to get me to where I am today.

Yes. I have major trust issues.

But now, I’m in a situation where I’m being asked to trust someone else to give me something I’ve wanted for the longest time now, and in doing so, will have to give up something very attractive and very certain… but it’s not what I’ve dreamt about for the the past five years.

It’s scary, it’s difficult, it’s confusing. I don’t like being in this kind of situation.

Making a leap of faith versus pure rationality? It’s not easy. I hope I’ve made the right choice.

Either way, no regrets, no looking back from here on.

No comments: