Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Just before I left the office today, I pulled at something rather hard and ended up breaking my nail. MD seemed more pained by it than I was. "Poor baby," he said, holding me, "it just seems like nothing's going right for you right now."

I am just incredibly grateful that amidst all of this, I've got him. When I heard the news on Thursday, I was crying incredibly badly. It's only a job, some people might say, but it was, nevertheless, something which I was dreading but not expecting, and is now making me scramble to apply for the Tier I visa just so I can stay here and look for another job.

When MD heard (because I called him), he came over to my place, which is over an hour from where he lives, bringing a bouquet of flowers and just basically brought me dinner (I wasn't hungry but he insisted), holding me as I sobbed, and tucking me into bed before going home at 1 am. All this two days before his CFA Level I exam.

I didn't ask him to come. He offered. And I'm glad he offered, because I was so miserable that night and the next couple of days over what had happened, that I don't know how I would have coped without him being there to soak up my fear, frustration and bouts of depression.

I'm still not out of the woods yet, but I am growing more accustomed to the idea of taking a step back, re-evaluating what it is I want to do and venturing into not a different line of work, but just a different sector within the same field.

I just really hope I get something I want to do, regardless of the remuneration.

No comments: