Monday, February 23, 2009

There was one night in December when MD held me in his arms as I was crying and he just kept saying, "Everything will be all right. I love you very, very much." At the time, it felt more like a promise rather than just mere empty words.

And now, it's come to this.

How did it go from one to the other so quickly?

"Have I ever lied to you?" he asked during our last meeting.

No, buddy, but you must have one hell of a doctorate in misdirection.

After telling my parents about the break-up - about the break-up with the only boy I've especially brought home for them to meet - my parents told me not to worry about him, and that I knew best, and that they loved me. I said goodbye and hung up and then burst into tears.

Honestly, most of the time, I can take it, but there are moments and there will continue to be moments when I am completely and utterly miserable and there is nothing more I want to do than to go home, go back to Singapore, and just be with people who love me and whom I love and whom I know will not let me down.

No comments: