Friday, April 23, 2010

It turns out Elliot will only be gone from London for a month! While he'll still be missed - I'm really feeling a lot happier now that I get to do dance classes which I enjoy on a more regular basis - I hope he will forgive my skipping the very last of his dance classes I can make before he leaves for Los Angeles in favour of being able to make it to the O2 Academy in Brixton in time to catch Yacht, LCD Soundsystem's warm-up act. As it stands, it would have had to run like heck from my dance studio after the class ends at 8 pm in order to make it in time for LCD Soundsystem itself, and I've been looking forward to this for some time now, having only just recently discovered the genius that is James Murphy. All My Friends, Someone Great and New York, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down are all incredible songs... and North American Scum? Great fun. Their most recent release, Drunk Girls, is very much in the vein of Scum, so I'm looking forward to more great stuff tonight.

I had been planning a fairly lazy Saturday afternoon but have unexpectedly received a pair of tickets courtesy of corporate hospitality to a top EPL match. I'm really excited. It'll be my first live EPL match ever (look, I can't afford Man Utd tickets) and, hopefully, by that time, I'll be on top of the world, having received news of my beloved team getting the result they require, before watching their archrivals get trounced.

And next week - Gorillaz! I know. Wooooo hooooooooooo!

No comments: