Sunday, June 20, 2010

Had a great time at the Regent Street Girl Geek shopping event yesterday. I didn't spend too much time there though, as I had an appointment right in the middle of it, but I did manage to do my Singaporean heritage proud by hitting four of the shops for freebies before having to leave. I am a proud recipient of:
I even got a Regent Street VIP card which entitles me to 10% off a whole range of shops, including Penhaligon's, Swarovski and Uniqlo!

Once back at the Swarovski Crystallized Lounge (aka Base Camp), I got to chatting with some of the Girl Geeks and learnt that I'm apparently a Girl Geek too. Well, the girl part I knew, and I'm a bit of a geek, I'll admit, but I never thought I was a Geek (as I though that applied to technophiles), though one of the ladies there explained a Geek as being someone who's passionate about something, and I certainly am - about music, chocolate and living.

So, there you have it, my first Girl Geek event, and it was much better than I thought it would be, and, mind you, I thought it would be pretty darn great! I even forgot all about the football! That's how good it was!

No comments: