Friday, July 22, 2011

Back to reality...

All the soon. All good things must come to an end, I suppose, even if this particular good thing happened to incorporate a very bad thing (a bout of dengue fever). I start my new job on Monday. I'm not looking forward to it, to be honest. Maybe it's because this is the longest break I've had off work in a long time, or because I've been at home and been feeling incredibly nostalgic the whole time and do not want to leave. Maybe it's because I've been spoiled, as I always am, whenever I come home.

Or, maybe, it's because I recognise that this is when I find out once and for all whether this job really will be everything I desperately want it to be. It's going to be a lot of hard work, and a lot of pain, and a whole lot of not-great pay and benefits, but, hopefully, the indomitable spirit that has got me to where I am will carry me through.

So, this is it, babe. The day of reckoning approaches. But, whatever happens, don't forget to do your best to live life. Get some rest. Go on some dates. Enjoy some gigs. Talk to old friends. Make some new ones. Laugh.

Whatever happens, just remember this, it's just a job. And you're going to knock it out of the ball park.

No comments: