Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Mini-crisis

As ever, I am in a bit of a crisis. I started my new job last week and have been fighting between feeling exceedingly bored in Sydney as I know no one outside of work and feeling very stressed as I have been leaving the office past 8 pm most nights. I have also had clarification on my role in the new London office; I am indeed expected to take on a leadership role and be "the face" of the company there.

Good thing I'm pretty. That might help make up for my lack of experience and knowledge.

Work aside (and I really should be working on my presentations now), I am looking forward to meeting up with a friend flying into Sydney this weekend. In a way, I guess it could be a date, had I not ruled that out. He is nice and all, but there is A Big Thing I am not able to get past (gasp, yes, a Dealbreaker), and, even though I kind of like him, I know for a fact that I can't deal with it, so no go.

Still, at the rate work is going, it looks like I made the right call in deciding I really don't have the time or energy for dating.

Why does life have to be so darn complicated?

No comments: