Friday, November 09, 2012

Dear Lord

Dear Lord,

I haven't asked for anything terribly specific in a while.

We've had our differences because, to be honest, very few of the things I've asked for have been granted. Still, when times are dire and desperate, I will turn to you.

It's just comforting to have You there, knowing that someone's listening, even if there'll be people who argue it's just psychological.

But I digress.

For the past two days, I've prayed fervently for something specific. Not for me, but for someone else, someone who's right now in the middle of what anyone would consider to be a grand gesture.

The odds right now? They're not looking good.

But, Lord, I trust in You. And I'm asking you with every fibre of my being for your help.

I think this band put it the best.

Yours,
Me

No comments: