Monday, December 03, 2012

Go, me!

Yes, I know it’s been a while since I blogged. Work’s kept me far busier than I expected to be (which, in this day and age, can only be a good thing, no matter how operational some of it is), and, outside of that, I just haven’t had time to be as on top of London activities as I used to be.

Or, rather, I didn’t have the time to research and still live. So I chose the latter, all the while intending to write about the interesting things I ended up doing, such as heading back home to Singapore and catching the F1, going on a street art tour of East London upon my return, going for brunch at Caravan King’s Cross and randomly sighting Wossy himself celebrating his birthday, enjoying West Coast Swing, or managing to attend the soft openings of some of the awesome new restaurants that have opened up recently, including Zoilo, Chrysan and Moo Grill.

Work has been pretty interesting too, with my having to travel to one of our regional offices for an away day involving everyone doing my role within Europe, having to attend a management skills workshop (which has actually made me excited about having to manage… who knew?) and even having a talk with my global functional head about what I wanted to do in the mid-term which, while not having quite provided me with any answers, has meant that I have some interesting goals and initiatives to get involved with next year.

But that’s all for several other posts.

For now, I just wanted to give myself a virtual pat on the back. I went for my first full-on fitness session today, which involved doing several TRX exercises. TRX, in case you don’t know, is a form of suspension training, whereby you suspend yourself, whether by your arms and legs, and use your body weight to help you train. At least, that’s how I’d explain it. This site properly does it better.

Not only did I survive it, but the trainer commented that I was in pretty good shape. Not bad for someone who’s only been managing one yoga class and one dance session a week for the past few months. I’m pretty lucky in that it doesn’t take too long for me to get muscle definition, so the abs I lost while back in Singapore have now returned. On top of that, I even have guns, man.

So, yes. Go, me!

No comments: