Friday, January 12, 2018

Goal for 2018

If you asked me which goal I would love to achieve, no matter how unattainable, I would tell you that I would love to find a way to set free the “me” that I am with my close friends, and have that version of me come out in all situations and settings. 

It’s been commented on that I light up when I am around my close friends, and that’s absolutely true. I’ve noticed it myself. I am so much happier and care-free when I’m with them, and I don’t hold any part of myself back. Even a former manager has commented on that before, saying that if I could just capture the person that I am when I’m comfortable and be it in all situations, then I would just smash it, regardless of the situation I were facing.

So why do I feel that much safer around my old friends?

This isn't an easy question for me to analyse; my old friends don't see the other side of me, while my newer friends don't see the brightest possible version of me, so neither of them would be of much help in terms of telling me what it is that's different.

Nevertheless, it's something that I've decided I really need to work on this year. Even an inch of progress on this undoubtedly long journey would be enough, just as long as I start. 

No comments: