Wednesday, April 22, 2009

One of the few perks which the non-working population gets to enjoy is Ben & Jerry's Free Cone Day, only available at seven participating outlets throughout the whole of London from 1 pm to 5 pm on April 21st.

I made my way to the Leicester Square outlet, half-thinking about going to the Odeon West End outlet right after that, but realised I had quite a few meetings to get to that afternoon, so refrained.

Cow with cowgirls


Tough decisions - selecting from the 'menu'

The queue wasn't too long. I got my cone within ten minutes. I hadn't a clue what I was going to go for, so I did what comes naturally. "What's your favourite flavour?" I asked the girl serving me. "Chocolate Fudge Brownie!" she said. "Phish Food!" the other girl chimed in. A surprising vote for "Strawberry Cheesecake!" came from the lone male server. I wanted something chocolate-y, so my server let me tried both Chocolate Fudge Brownie ("which is the best") and Phish Food and let me decide. I went with her choice (Phish Food was a little too milky; the other girl booed me) and finished it off within ten minutes. I only had a snack bar for lunch after all, having had a rather stressful morning of meetings and assessments. I didn't realise that there was further stress to come later that day, but that's a story for another day. If I had, I'd have gone for a second scoop, no hesitation!

Yum.

I love Ben & Jerry's. They have the coolest events. They really do.

No comments: