Monday, May 09, 2011

Doing Something

Been busy over the last few weeks getting my flat ready for home improvement works. I'm at the final stages now and am looking forward to having my weekends back, although, given that I've got visitors this week (among them, my new employers, fingers crossed for that one), and a couple of overseas trips coming up very soon (not to mention the fact that I haven't planned for them just yet), I guess I still won't be all that free.

Nevertheless, I'm trying Doing Something out. Doing Something's a London-based dating site focusing on the things that people like to do, as opposed to other more traditional sites. Also, there's currently a free three-month membership promotion (courtesy of Qype), so it's really not costing me anything other than time.

So, while stuck at home yesterday, I logged on, 'nudged' a couple of people whose interests aligned with mine (and, fine, didn't look too bad), and got a response from the cutest one within two hours, and a positive one at that. I've found that, usually, if someone replies that quickly, it's because they've met someone else or doesn't think you two are a good match.) I've replied. We'll see what happens, if anything at all.

As you might expect given its name, Doing Something also offers loads of suggestions on what to do in this great city. Plus, the design of the site is incredibly quirky and appealing. I love Johnny Lighthands' fonts and illustrations. The 'workify' button (for when the boss is coming) is really cool too.

And if that's not enough, they're giving out free gelato in May if you like their Facebook page. What else could you possibly ask for?

P.S. No, I'm not getting paid for this, nor have I met someone from it (yet). I just think that the more people who know and use this site, the better it is for those of us on it! 

No comments: