Friday, August 12, 2011

Stopover

I had a surprisingy great last week in Sydney at quite possibly the worst time for me to have a good week of that nature. I ended up seeing this guy three times over the past three days, none of which would technically be considered dates, seeing as they were more of the "if you happen to be in the area and have some free time" kind of meet ups, but, still, that is a lot of times to be meeting up with someone I am trying my hardest to be just friends with.

I will be getting a bit of a breather when I get back to London, but only for a week or so, and I am not terribly sure how I want to approach this.

One thing is for sure, with my diving straight into my new job which will involve long hours, a lot of intelligence and a greater amount of guts, I may not have very much time for my pursuits, much less anyone at all. And, honestly, at my age, I shouldn't be wasting time on things that will not work out. Love, as I have said before, doesn't conquer all, after all, and my time and effort would be better invested in projects which have a higher probability of succeeding.

That being said, I enjoy his company and he's such a gentleman, which is a distinct rarity these days. And, in a way which is both reassuring and incredibly alarming, he kind of reminds me of MD, which, I guess could be a good thing as it means I am consistent, but after the debacle that was the end of that relationship, it also does freak me out just a little.

I don't know. All I can say is that I have been thinking about this for a long, long time now, and it does not feel as if I have got any closer to a decision or some kind of truth...

No comments: